This weekend will be NC’s last tax-free holiday
North Carolina’s last tax-free weekend is just days away.
For the past decade, the weekend has served as a way for parents, teachers and students to save on back-to-school supplies with tax discounts on items like computers, backpacks and clothing.
This weekend will be the last state tax holiday due to a reform signed into law last week by Gov. Pat McCrory. The annual tax holiday for Energy Star-rated appliances is also being eliminated.
The tax-free weekend officially begins at 12:01 a.m. Friday and ends at 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
For a full list of items you can buy free of taxes, visit the N.C. Department of Revenue’s website.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave