Pomegranate seeds source of hepatitis A outbreak, CDC says
The Centers for Disease Control has learned the source of a major hepatitis A outbreak that has affected more than 150 people across nine states.
Doctors believe pomegranate seeds shipped to the U.S. from Turkey are the source of the infections.
The seeds are used in Townsend Farms Organic Anti-oxidant Blend juice mix. The company has issued a voluntary recall.
The CDC has ordered a halt to all deliveries as it works with importers to ensure consumers are alerted.
For more information, visit cdc.gov.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants