Men caught breaking into motorcycle shop in Asheboro
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Two men were arrested over the weekend after police say they were caught breaking inside a motorcycle repair shop in Asheboro.
Police say they responded around 11 p.m. Saturday to an alarm at City Cycle on Fayetteville Street to find a fence around the business had been pulled out of the ground and two mopeds were sitting outside the fence.
An officer found a man lying between two ATVs inside the fence, police said. The officer was handcuffing the suspect when he spotted a second man trying to crawl away. The second suspect was also taken into custody at the scene.
The men were later identified as James Anthony Smith, 34, of Matthews, and Jamie Ryan Clodfelter, 24, of Asheboro.
The suspects are both charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen property. They are being held under $20,000 secured bonds.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.