Men caught breaking into motorcycle shop in Asheboro
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Two men were arrested over the weekend after police say they were caught breaking inside a motorcycle repair shop in Asheboro.
Police say they responded around 11 p.m. Saturday to an alarm at City Cycle on Fayetteville Street to find a fence around the business had been pulled out of the ground and two mopeds were sitting outside the fence.
An officer found a man lying between two ATVs inside the fence, police said. The officer was handcuffing the suspect when he spotted a second man trying to crawl away. The second suspect was also taken into custody at the scene.
The men were later identified as James Anthony Smith, 34, of Matthews, and Jamie Ryan Clodfelter, 24, of Asheboro.
The suspects are both charged with felony breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering and possession of stolen property. They are being held under $20,000 secured bonds.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k