McCrory signs abortion bill into law
Gov. Pat McCrory
As was expected, Republican North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed into law Monday a controversial, restrictive abortion bill.
The state’s Senate and House of Representatives, both controlled by the Republican Party, passed the legislation earlier this month.
The bill will place requirements on clinics that family planning advocates say would make it hard for them to stay in business.
Among the requirements is the presence of a doctor when an abortion is being performed.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy