McCrory signs abortion bill into law
Gov. Pat McCrory
As was expected, Republican North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed into law Monday a controversial, restrictive abortion bill.
The state’s Senate and House of Representatives, both controlled by the Republican Party, passed the legislation earlier this month.
The bill will place requirements on clinics that family planning advocates say would make it hard for them to stay in business.
Among the requirements is the presence of a doctor when an abortion is being performed.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault