Former Green Beret still fighting, 40 years later
The world has never seen another fighting force like the American Military.
Maybe what sets them apart is the way so many in it see what they do not as a temporary assignment, but as a lifelong vocation.
Former Green Beret Mike Linnane who served in Vietnam, didn’t let his retirement stop his dedication to the cause he served when he was on active duty.
Linnane helped found an organization, funded by Special Forces veterans, that has brought nearly 10,000 Montagnards to America.
Linnane was recently inducted into the Special Forces Hall of Fame at Ft. Bragg.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave