Couple born same day die hours apart
Born the same day and married for 75 years, Helen and Les Brown passed away just hours apart last week in California.
The two were high school sweethearts who went against their parents’ wishes when they got married in 1937. They eventually had three sons together.
The two 94-year-olds suffered from different diseases. Les was affected by Parkinson’s, while Helen had stomach cancer.
“Mom had always said that she did not want to see dad die. And she did not want to live apart from him,” one of their sons said.
Helen was a homemaker who dabbled in real estate while Les was a photographer.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home