Burlington mother dies after wreck with daughter
Police said a Burlington mother died a day after she and her 3-year-old daughter were injured when their car overturned. (Viewer submitted photo)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police said a Burlington mother died a day after she and her 3-year-old daughter were injured when their car overturned.
Burlington police said 24-year-old Porsche L. Cobb died around 6 p.m. Saturday at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill’s hospital.
Police said Cobb’s daughter was listed in stable condition Saturday at the same hospital they were both airlifted to.
Officials said the two were in a 1994 Toyota that went off the road and overturned around 11 p.m. Friday in the 1800 block of Malone Road in Burlington.
Police did not say what they believed caused the single-vehicle crash.
The Burlington Fire Department, Alamance County EMS and Alamance County Rescue Squad assisted in the investigation, which is ongoing.
Anyone with any information can call the Burlington Police Department at (336) 229-3500 or Burlington/Alamance Crimestoppers at (336) 229-7100.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.