1 dead after stabbing at Lil Wayne concert in Charlotte
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police said one person is dead after being stabbed at a Lil Wayne rap concert Friday night in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer reported that 24-year-old James Warren Price of Charlotte was killed in the parking lot of the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre around 11:30 p.m.
Police said the victim had been arguing with several other men after the concert ended. The suspects stabbed him and then drove off, officials said. An unidentified woman received minor injuries.
The rap concert featured Lil Wayne with T.I. and 2 Chainz.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with any information can call Crime Stoppers at (704) 334-1600.
The Observer reported that the death is apparently the first violence-related fatality at the north Charlotte venue since it opened in 1991.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK