Suspect in Forsyth County murder case back in NC
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Deputies say a suspect who is charged with murder in the shooting death of a Winston-Salem man has been extradited back to North Carolina.
James Michael Burcham, 35, was charged with murder in the death of 28-year-old Michael Brandon Moss on Thursday, July 18.
According to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Moss’ body was discovered on July 15 in a wooded area in the 200 block of Beech Valley Road.
Deputies say they identified Burcham as a person of interest in the case, however Burcham’s whereabouts were unknown until July 16, when the suspect was located by state police in Winfield, West Virginia. The next day, investigators issued a warrant for Burcham’s arrest for failure to report a death. A day after that, deputies said they had developed evidence to also charge Burcham with murder in the case.
Burcham remained in custody in West Virginia until Thursday, when deputies said he had been relocated to the Forsyth County Detention Center.
The suspect is being held without bond. He has a preliminary hearing slated for Aug. 22. A mugshot has not been released.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK