Suspect in Forsyth County murder case back in NC
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Deputies say a suspect who is charged with murder in the shooting death of a Winston-Salem man has been extradited back to North Carolina.
James Michael Burcham, 35, was charged with murder in the death of 28-year-old Michael Brandon Moss on Thursday, July 18.
According to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Moss’ body was discovered on July 15 in a wooded area in the 200 block of Beech Valley Road.
Deputies say they identified Burcham as a person of interest in the case, however Burcham’s whereabouts were unknown until July 16, when the suspect was located by state police in Winfield, West Virginia. The next day, investigators issued a warrant for Burcham’s arrest for failure to report a death. A day after that, deputies said they had developed evidence to also charge Burcham with murder in the case.
Burcham remained in custody in West Virginia until Thursday, when deputies said he had been relocated to the Forsyth County Detention Center.
The suspect is being held without bond. He has a preliminary hearing slated for Aug. 22. A mugshot has not been released.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave