1 killed, 2 injured after crash in Greensboro
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro police said a man driving a sport utility vehicle was killed after he crossed the center line and struck another SUV.
Police said it happened around 7:15 p.m. Friday on Freeman Mill Road near the Whittington Street bridge.
The deceased has been identified as 20-year-old Bailey Alexander Grossman-Orr. Police said the crash caused him to be ejected from his vehicle.
Grossman-Orr was driving a 2003 Toyota 4-Runner south on Freeman Mill Road when he struck a 2001 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer driven by 23-year-old Ervin Lee Williams, police said.
Officials said Williams and another passenger were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Williams was arrested for driving while impaired, police said.
The crash temporarily closed all lanes of Freeman Mill Road between Dick Street and Randleman Road.
Police said the investigation is ongoing. They did not say what they believed caused Grossman-Orr to cross the center line.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home