Garage in Davidson Co. catches fire, damage estimated at $300K
MIDWAY, N.C. — The owner of an auto repair business says a fire that broke out at his business Friday morning caused an estimated $300,000 in damage.
The fire broke out around 9:15 a.m. at Zeno Marshall Used Cars & Trucks on Old U.S. Highway 52 near Arrowwood Drive in Midway.
The owner of the business, William “Zeno” Marshall, tells FOX8 his workers were attempting to cut a gas tank from a car when it somehow ignited. Firefighters said a number of propane tanks also exploded in the blaze.
Marshall said about $300,000 worth of tools and brass truck parts burned inside the garage. The loss is uninsured.
“We don’t have any insurance but life does not go in a straight line. There are bumps and curves and this is just one of them,” Marshall said.
Marshall said only one car out of the 100 he has for sale was damaged.
The business also contracts with charities in the state to resell or recycle older model vehicles that are donated.
No injuries were reported.
No other details were immediately available.Submit Your Photo
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home