NC man wanted for murder kills himself outside police station in Hopewell, Va.
HOPEWELL, Va. (WTVR) — A North Carolina man wanted for murder shot and killed himself early Thursday outside the City Hall/Police station complex in Hopewell, Va., according to Hopewell Police Chief John Keohane.
Keohane told WTVR the body was found next to a vehicle in a parking lot behind Hopewell City Hall around12:18 a.m.
Keohane said no one witnessed the man’s death and there were no reports of anyone hearing a gunshot.
Police said based on their “investigation and evidence at the scene,” detectives determined the man died from “an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.” The man’s body was taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner where a cause of death will be officially determined.
Price was accused of killing a 73-year-old woman in her home.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k