Local band ‘makes it’ on their own
A generation ago, if you wanted a career in music, you had to hope some big record executive somehow discovered you. Even a few years ago, you’d have to win “American Idol.”
But, a combination of social media and the internet have created a situation that allows a band to organically build a following large enough to “make it” in the business.
Members of the folk pop group Mipso started that process at UNC Chapel Hill and are now taking their show on the road to Japan.
Mipso is the featured band in this week’s, “Music for a Sunday Evening in the Park,” at the Guilford Courthouse Military Park in Greensboro. The show starts at 6 p.m.
Find out more about the band on their website.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child