Gibsonville shop celebrates ‘National Ice Cream Month’
July is “National Ice Cream Month” and Justin Donally is doing his part by making over 22 different flavors at his ice cream shop, Six Scoops in Gibsonville.
He likes to keep his ice cream production in-house, and uses locally sourced ingredients–even the milk he uses comes from local dairies.
“Not only local to North Carolina, but to Gibsonville,” Donally says.
Justin and his wife came up with the name “Six Scoops” because of the number of members in his family.
“Me and my wife and our 4 children, so that [the name] just kinda rang together,” he says.
While his family likes traditional flavors like vanilla and chocolate, Justin says he is always thinking of more exotic flavors like, salted pretzel and bacon.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child