Howard Coble recovering from surgery at DC hospital
WASHINGTON — Rep. Howard Coble is recovering at a Washington D.C. hospital Tuesday night after undergoing hernia surgery.
Congressman Coble was taken to George Washington University Hospital after complaining of severe stomach pains Tuesday morning, according to a news release from Coble’s staff.
Rep. Coble’s Chief of Staff Ed McDonald said that the 6th District representative was scheduled to be one of the speakers at a luncheon meeting known as the Tar Heel Circle.
“Just prior to our departure,” McDonald said, “he told me that he was suffering from abdominal pain, and he asked me to express his regrets to those gathered for the event. He walked himself over to the Office of the Attending Physician in the Capitol Building, and after examining Congressman Coble, they decided to transport him to GW Hospital.”
McDonald said he spoke with one of the physicians who accompanied the 82-year-old Coble to the hospital. It is expected that Rep. Coble will spend at least one night in the hospital.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.