Hot, muggy day ahead
We’ll get a break from the soaking rains for a day, but heat and humidity remain in place.
There is only a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms across the Piedmont. Any showers that occur won’t produce much rain for the gauges.
Wednesday will be another day in the lower 90s, but a cold front will bring the temperatures down to the lower 80s by Thursday. As the front crosses the state, we’ll have a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. The risk for severe weather isn’t substantial, but isolated storms could produce very gusty winds Thursday afternoon and early evening.
Friday is looking dry, but rain chances increase to between 40 and 50 percent by the weekend. Highs will remain in the mid-80s.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy