Scattered showers expected today
It’s a warm start to the week, and some communities will be dealing with very wet conditions as well.
Rain chances sit at 50 percent for Monday with generally less than 1/4″ expected in Piedmont rain gauges. With that said, there will be localized areas that experience heavy rain that will exceed the general outlook and may add up to 3″ or more total rainfall.
A cold front is headed toward North Carolina and will arrive by midweek. Temperatures will top out near 90 degrees until Thursday, when highs start to slide into the mid-80s.
Afternoon showers and thunderstorms will remain in the forecast all week, though the heaviest rain is most likely through Wednesday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault