Lexington woman charged with DWI after head-on wreck
A Lexington woman was charged with driving while impaired after she allegedly hit another driver in a head-on crash, hospitalizing both of them.
DAVIDSON COUNTY, N.C. — A Lexington woman was charged with driving while impaired after she allegedly hit another driver in a head-on crash, hospitalizing both of them.
Courtney Harrell, 25, was charged in the wreck which was reported around 2:25 p.m. Saturday in the 2700 block of Tyro Road.
Harrell is accused of driving a 2001 Altima west that sideswiped a 2011 Chevy SUV driven by a 78-year-old man. The SUV’s driver went off the road to the right and was not seriously injured, officials said.
The suspect then continued driving a short distance and allegedly hit a 2001 Ford Escort driven by 26-year-old Amanda Hill head-on.
Officials said Hill was airlifted to Carolina Medical Center in Charlotte and the suspect was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. Both were listed in critical condition as of Saturday night.
The suspect was charged with driving while impaired and driving left of center. Officials said more charges may be possible.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old