UNCG, Dudley High students team up for ‘Bring Us Benches and Bus Shelters’ project
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Students from UNCG and Dudley High School teamed up to build benches for bus stops throughout the city.
The Bring Us Benches and Bus Shelters project arose out of the need for more bus shelters and benches in Greensboro. UNCG students worked with students at Dudley High to advocate for more bus shelters and other social issues.
Dudley students collected umbrellas for homeless shelters, and lobbied the Greensboro City Council for more bus shelters.
The goal of the project was to increase retention at Dudley by helping students become more engaged in civic issues they care about.
The six-year long project was made possible with a $10,000 grant from SynerG, the youth arm of Action Greensboro.
In total, nearly 500 students worked on the project.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting