Thunderstorm chances increasing over the weekend
The week will end with heat and humidity as the main topic of conversation.
Highs in the lower-90s will actually feel like 98 to 100 degrees when the humidity is factored in on Friday. There is a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and early evening.
Total rainfall Friday afternoon and evening will be fairly light for most at less than 1/10″. There will be isolated storms that produce heavier rain, but these storms will be few and far between.
Rain chances increase as we roll through the weekend. Any outdoor plans on Saturday morning should be good to go, but expect to need an umbrella by the afternoon. There is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms with a high of 90 degrees.
On Sunday, rain chances will climb to around 50 percent for the day.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.