Man arrested in Forsyth County shooting death
LEWISVILLE, N.C. — Deputies say a suspect has been charged with murder after a man was found shot to death in a wooded area in Forsyth County.
James Michael Burcham, 35, was arrested in the shooting death of 28-year-old Michael Brandon Moss.
According to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Moss’ body was discovered around noon Monday in the 200 block of Beech Valley Road in Lewisville.
Deputies say they identified Burcham as a person of interest in the case, however Burcham’s whereabouts were unknown until Tuesday when the suspect was found by state police in Winfield, West Virginia. On Wednesday, investigators issued a warrant for Burcham’s arrest for failure to report a death.
By Thursday, deputies said they had developed evidence to also charge Burcham with murder in the case.
Burcham remains in custody in West Virginia awaiting extradition back to Forsyth County.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy