Man arrested in Forsyth County shooting death
LEWISVILLE, N.C. — Deputies say a suspect has been charged with murder after a man was found shot to death in a wooded area in Forsyth County.
James Michael Burcham, 35, was arrested in the shooting death of 28-year-old Michael Brandon Moss.
According to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Moss’ body was discovered around noon Monday in the 200 block of Beech Valley Road in Lewisville.
Deputies say they identified Burcham as a person of interest in the case, however Burcham’s whereabouts were unknown until Tuesday when the suspect was found by state police in Winfield, West Virginia. On Wednesday, investigators issued a warrant for Burcham’s arrest for failure to report a death.
By Thursday, deputies said they had developed evidence to also charge Burcham with murder in the case.
Burcham remains in custody in West Virginia awaiting extradition back to Forsyth County.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave