The ‘Magic School Bus’ rolls through Alamance County
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Most students aren’t expecting to see school buses in their neighborhoods until late next month, but in Alamance County one bus is making the rounds now.
At Eastlawn Elementary School teachers and staff are loading up what they call the “Magic School Bus” with boxes full of supplies.
Dressed in their Eastlawn Panthers gear, school staff is taking the “magic” into neighboring communities to share with their students
“We’ve got lots of supplies that we can give out to our students so they come ready the first day of school,” said Eastlawn Principal Dan McInnis.
The pencils, crayons, paper and books are all donated by the community for the kids.
Knocking on doors and spreading the word, teachers and staff say if you empower the community and empower families, the result will be a powerful school.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home