Heat continues; thunderstorms possible this afternoon
Another hot day is ahead with highs near 93 degrees and humidity that may make you wilt!
The heat index Thursday afternoon may be near 100 degrees in central North Carolina. Children and adults who are outdoors for a long period of time today should take every opportunity to sip water, seek shade and take frequent breaks.
We have a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Thursday afternoon, with the best chance in our western counties. Across the Triad, rain chances are closer to 20 percent, though an isolated strong storm cannot be ruled out at any location.
The Grasshoppers are continuing a seven-day home game stint, and it’s going to be hot as the game gets underway this evening. Luckily, it’s Thirsty Thursday, so fans should be well-hydrated (lemonade! water!) and prepared for a very warm evening. The chance of showers interrupting the game is 20 percent.
Rain chances will begin to increase as we head into the weekend. If you need to get your grass mowed, the best time for the next several days will be during the morning hours. By Sunday, the Piedmont will boast a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Rain chances will increase to 60 percent by Monday.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview