Summertime means ‘hummertime’ for one Piedmont resident
Summertime is full of things to love, like red ripe tomatoes and sweet plum figs.
For Amber Schuler summertime is “hummertime.”
“I like watching the hummingbirds because they are peaceful they are graceful it’s just a kinda’ serene time that you just kick back and not worry about anything. You just watch them It’s just a quiet place,” Schuler said.
She’s has several feeders in her back yard, and this year there are more birds, so she is constantly having to fill the feeders.
“It’s a little time-consuming but it’s well worth it.”
Especially when something happens that she never would have expected.
“I was getting ready to hand the hummingbird feeder up, and they [hummingbirds] came and drank right from my hand as I was hanging it up,”
She tried it again and before she knew it she had the little hummingbirds eating out of her hand.
“I was so excited. I was like a little kid at Christmas! It was one of the best experiences of my entire life!”
Whether up close or from a distance, since the birds are only here in the summertime, she wants to take full advantage while she can.
“It’s so serene. It takes you to a place where you can relax and just enjoy.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child