Lexington mother accused of assaulting child
Tamara Lynn Cruz, 27, of Lexington
LEXINGTON, N.C. — A Lexington mother was arrested after deputies said she threw an aerosol can at her 7-year-old son, causing a laceration to his head.
Tamara Lynn Cruz, 27, has been charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor and assault on a child under 12.
Davidson County deputies said it happened around 10 a.m. Monday at the suspect’s home in the 700 block of Conard Sowers Road.
Deputies said the suspect refused to take her child to the doctor. The Davidson County Sheriff’s Office said they notified Child Protective Services and the suspect was charged following an investigation.
Authorities said the suspect was placed in the Davidson County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond and has court planned for Aug. 13.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault