‘Thankful Tuesday’ rally shows support for GOP agenda
RALEIGH, N.C. — About 200 supporters expressed their appreciation Tuesday for North Carolina Republicans’ efforts to cut taxes, require identification before voting and make getting abortions more difficult, WRAL reports.
Republican groups organized a “Thankful Tuesday” rally at the government complex in Raleigh to praise the GOP-led Legislature and Gov. Pat McCrory for their work passing conservative policies.
The event comes 24 hours after the 11th “Moral Monday” protest, led by the state chapter of the NAACP.
More than 850 people have been arrested during the weekly demonstrations, which have drawn thousands of people from around the state to protest everything from cuts to unemployment benefits to requiring voters to show photo identification at the polls to proposed regulations on abortion clinics.
Read More: WRAL
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants