Judge orders Ric Flair’s arrest
Richard Morgan Fliehr (Ric Flair) and Jacqueline Fliehr, now known as Jacqueline Beems.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A Mecklenburg judge has issued an order for the arrest of former professional wrestling champion Ric Flair, according to WSOC.
Flair was held in contempt earlier this month for not paying his estranged wife more than $32,000 in spousal support.
Flair was ordered to pay $4,000 a month to Jacqueline Beems, who filed for legal separation last summer.
On Tuesday morning, Beems, 44, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for a charge of making a harassing phone call. She walked into the Mecklenburg County Magistrate’s Office with her attorney at about 8:45 a.m.
“It’s difficult for anybody when you have your name in the media, especially in a private family-type of affair. She just wants to move forward and go on with her life,” attorney Bill Powers told WSOC.
In an arrest warrant for Beems filed in June, officers said she threatened Flair’s new girlfriend and harassed her with several phone calls last October, while she was still married to the wrestler.
Beems and Flair were married in 2009. She filed for divorce at the end of 2012.
Flair and his new girlfriend recently appeared on ABC’s “Celebrity Wife Swap.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault