Winston-Salem woman starts foundation to rescue, rehabilitate birds
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The appeal of a pet in a store and the reality of bringing one home, can be very different things.
People often chose pets because they’re exotic, not understanding how much work goes into keeping them and for how long.
Jackie Schaible from Winston-Salem is cleaning up the mess from the haste and often bad decisions of others in creating The Parrot Guardian Foundation.
Find out more about The Parrot Guardian Foundation here.
The foundation cares for many forms of wildlife, though they do specialize in birds.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave