Temps to soar to the 90s this week
Get ready for a very warm week ahead!
The good news for a lot of people is that our rain chances will be quite low for the next several days.
The bad news is that our temperatures will be soaring into the 90s and staying there through the end of the week.
Partly-cloudy skies are ahead for Monday with a UV index of 10 out of 10. This means that if you are prone to sunburns, you could burn in as little as 10 minutes without protection.
It’s going to be hot and muggy with high temperatures near 90 degrees and a heat index of 92 to 94 degrees.
Similar weather is on the way for the rest of the week, with highs warming to 94 degrees by Thursday.
There is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon and evening both Thursday and Friday. Total rainfall for the week is up to 1/4″ in the Triad and up to 1/2″ in the mountains.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home