Popular Piedmont radio host has model railroad yard in his backyard
JR Snider has been a familiar voice for radio listeners in the Piedmont for years, as the host the morning show on WSJS.
When he’s not on the air, he can be found in his backyard running his 500 ft. model railroad yard!
Snider says his father and grandfather worked for the Clenfield as dynamite handlers, so he heard railroad stories his entire life–giving him inspiration for his built to scale rail yard.
“It’s great relaxation when I come down here [to the model rail yard]. I come and put a train on and sit there in front of the station and just let the trains run it’s my escape in the back yard,” Snider said.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'