Popular Piedmont radio host has model railroad yard in his backyard
JR Snider has been a familiar voice for radio listeners in the Piedmont for years, as the host the morning show on WSJS.
When he’s not on the air, he can be found in his backyard running his 500 ft. model railroad yard!
Snider says his father and grandfather worked for the Clenfield as dynamite handlers, so he heard railroad stories his entire life–giving him inspiration for his built to scale rail yard.
“It’s great relaxation when I come down here [to the model rail yard]. I come and put a train on and sit there in front of the station and just let the trains run it’s my escape in the back yard,” Snider said.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave