Jet makes emergency landing at RDU
Jet makes emergency landing at RDU (WTVD photo)
RALEIGH-DURHAM — A JetBlue flight from LaGuardia to Tampa made an emergency landing at RDU Airport Friday evening, according to WTVD.
Airport officials told WTVD that a smoke indicator light on JetBlue flight 1117, an Airbus 320, went off in the cockpit for a compartment underneath the aircraft.
The pilot declared an “Alert 2″ emergency.
After landing, fire crews checked the plane.
Officials said there was no immediate danger to the 138 passengers and crew members on board.
The plane was scheduled to resume its flight at 9:35 p.m.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.