Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Friday morning
A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 a.m. Friday.
A cold front is going to roll into North Carolina on Thursday, bringing a 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms into the afternoon and evening hours.
Many communities had heavy rain Wednesday that produced flash flooding. The flash flood risk will continue for Thursday afternoon and evening.
Highs Thursday will be in the lower 80s for much of the Piedmont.
The humidity remains high Thursday and you’ll need your umbrella. Rain will be heavy at times, and totals will be around 1/2″ in the Triad with lighter amounts to the west. Remember that localized areas may have significantly higher amounts of rain associated with isolated storms.
Showers and thunderstorms will linger in the forecast through the weekend, though we’ll have a couple days with cooler temperatures — in the lower 80s for Friday and Saturday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants