Multiple area roads flooded, closed due to heavy rain
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Flash flooding has shut down multiple roads in Thomasville and other areas.
Randolph St. and Blair Street at Ridgeway Drive in Thomasville are currently blocked due to heavy rain.
Several nearby creeks are likely the cause of the flooding.
Flooding has also been reported outside a home on Colonial Drive off Highway 62 in Trinity.
National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Davidson, Guilford and Randolph counties until 1:45 p.m.
At 11:36 a.m., radar indicated very heavy rain producing flooding over northwestern Randolph, southwest Guilford and northeastern Davidson counties.
Up to 2 inches of rain has fallen over the past two hours in Thomasville and an additional one inch is possible through 1:30 p.m.
A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 a.m. Friday.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK