Multiple area roads flooded, closed due to heavy rain
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Flash flooding has shut down multiple roads in Thomasville and other areas.
Randolph St. and Blair Street at Ridgeway Drive in Thomasville are currently blocked due to heavy rain.
Several nearby creeks are likely the cause of the flooding.
Flooding has also been reported outside a home on Colonial Drive off Highway 62 in Trinity.
National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning for Davidson, Guilford and Randolph counties until 1:45 p.m.
At 11:36 a.m., radar indicated very heavy rain producing flooding over northwestern Randolph, southwest Guilford and northeastern Davidson counties.
Up to 2 inches of rain has fallen over the past two hours in Thomasville and an additional one inch is possible through 1:30 p.m.
A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect until 6 a.m. Friday.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting