Bridge work on eastbound I-40 in Davie County postponed
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. — North Carolina Department of Transportation crews have postponed closing a section of I-40 East to start work on the eastbound bridge over the Yadkin RIver.
The stretch of I-40 was supposed to be closed at N.C. 801 this weekend and next in addition to intermittent lane closures on weeknights.
On Friday afternoon, DOT officials announced Saturday and Sunday’s closings had been canceled due to storms in the forecast.
The next weekend closure is scheduled for July 19-22.
Crews have already finished work on the westbound bridge.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave