Bobcats offically sign Zeller, Jefferson
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Bobcats announced on Wednesday the team has officially signed first-round pick Cody Zeller and free agent center Al Jefferson.
Jefferson will make approximately $13.5 million per season in the three-year deal, which includes a player option for 2015-16, according to the Charlotte Observer.
The 6-foot-10 Jefferson averaged 17.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 78 games with the Utah Jazz last season.
Zeller, a 7-foot forward, was selected by the Bobcats with the fourth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
Zeller spent two seasons at Indiana University, where he averaged 16.1 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks in 72 total games and became the school’s all-time leader in career field goal percentage (.591). During Zeller’s two seasons, the Hoosiers went to to back-to-back NCAA Sweet 16s for the first time since 1994 and won their first outright Big Ten regular season championship since 1993.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.