Bobcats offically sign Zeller, Jefferson
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Bobcats announced on Wednesday the team has officially signed first-round pick Cody Zeller and free agent center Al Jefferson.
Jefferson will make approximately $13.5 million per season in the three-year deal, which includes a player option for 2015-16, according to the Charlotte Observer.
The 6-foot-10 Jefferson averaged 17.8 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 78 games with the Utah Jazz last season.
Zeller, a 7-foot forward, was selected by the Bobcats with the fourth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
Zeller spent two seasons at Indiana University, where he averaged 16.1 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.2 blocks in 72 total games and became the school’s all-time leader in career field goal percentage (.591). During Zeller’s two seasons, the Hoosiers went to to back-to-back NCAA Sweet 16s for the first time since 1994 and won their first outright Big Ten regular season championship since 1993.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave