Here are five freebies you can find this summer to help ease the strain on your wallet:
- On Friday, July 12, it’s Cow Appreciation Day. If you stop by your local Chick-fil-A dressed up as a cow — you’ll get a free meal!
- For your summer projects, Home Depot is offering free do-it-yourself workshops in addition to workshops for kids. You can sign up at homedepot.com.
- Kids can bowl two free games each day at participating bowling alleys throughout the summer by visiting kidsbowlfree.com. There are participating locations in both Greensboro and High Point.
- AppZapp is an app that allows iPhone, iPad and Android users to find bargains on apps — including ones that are temporarily being offered for free.
- On certain nights at many restaurants, children are able to dine for free. For a good list of participating restaurants, visit mykidseatfree.com.