Power back on in High Point
Downtown High Point (WGHP)
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The power is slowly coming back on in High Point after half the city experienced an outage on Monday afternoon.
Shortly before 2 p.m., a widespread power outage was reported.
At 2 p.m., Capt. Mike Kirk said the outage was “widespread” and “impacted at least half the city.”
Downtown High Point, High Point University and hundreds of businesses along Eastchester Drive and Wendover Ave. were impacted by the outage.
Around 2:30 p.m., the power was restored to most of the city, but some locations downtown remain without power.
Officials have not said what caused the outage.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave