Power back on in High Point
Downtown High Point (WGHP)
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The power is slowly coming back on in High Point after half the city experienced an outage on Monday afternoon.
Shortly before 2 p.m., a widespread power outage was reported.
At 2 p.m., Capt. Mike Kirk said the outage was “widespread” and “impacted at least half the city.”
Downtown High Point, High Point University and hundreds of businesses along Eastchester Drive and Wendover Ave. were impacted by the outage.
Around 2:30 p.m., the power was restored to most of the city, but some locations downtown remain without power.
Officials have not said what caused the outage.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview