Video captures whale tale hitting surfer
What started as a quiet day on the water turned into much more for a surfer in Australia.
As the surfer was preparing to catch his next wave, a giant Southern right whale swam up to him and several others.
The whale was making its way by when it flung the surfer of his board with its tail.
The surfer was knocked unconscious and landed face-down in the water, but lifeguards and some of the other nearby surfers were able to bring him back to shore without further incident.
While he wasn’t seriously injured, the surfer was taken to the hospital to be treated for a possible concussion.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home