Salisbury man takes police on chase on ATV
SALISBURY, N.C. — A Salisbury man is accused of drunk driving and leading police on a chase while in an ATV.
The Salisbury Post reported that Lawrence William Witherspoon IV, 32, was charged after being seen on an all-terrain vehicle on the roadway near Morlan Park Road on Saturday.
Police said they spotted the suspect just before 7 p.m. and he led them on a short chase while on the ATV and then on foot.
Authorities said they tried stopping him, but he continued, eventually ditching the ATV in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
Read full story: The Salisbury Post
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault