Rain, rain, here to stay
Our weather pattern for this week, a trough across the east and a ridge across the west. That means keep your umbrellas nearby, rain will remain in the forecast.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms for Monday. Rain chances will go down just a little for Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Thursday and Friday a cold front will bring an increased chance for showers and thunderstorms. And the rain could hang around into the following Saturday and Sunday.
Any additional rainfall will bring the chance for flash flooding. So keep an eye on neighborhood creeks and streams and watch for standing water on the roads.
Monday through Thursday afternoon highs will be in the mid to upper 80s with morning lows around 70 degrees.
Friday afternoon highs will be in the low 80s with morning lows around 70 degrees.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child