Jamestown man builds Radio Flyer car
JAMESTOWN, N.C. — A Jamestown man recently fulfilled a childhood dream – he built his own Radio Flyer car.
Ed Ingle transformed his 1982 Datsun pickup truck into a Radio Flyer car that draws attention wherever it goes.
It all started when Ingle’s wife, Leonora, saw a similar Radio Flyer automobile on YouTube.
“I said this is so neat… and we looked at it and I said ‘Do you think we could make one?” Leonora said. In a weak moment, Ed said yes.
It was all downhill from there.
Ed, who is a retired engineer, started building without any plans. A year later, the red Radio Flyer car was rolling on roads around Jamestown.
The car made it’s first big appearance in last year’s Christmas Parade.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old