Guilford Co. deputy injured after vehicle struck during traffic stop
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A Guilford Co. deputy was injured in a vehicle accident late Thursday night while officiating a DWI arrest.
Master Corporal Brian Stokes stopped a vehicle on I-40/I-85 near South Elm Street around 11:45 p.m. for a motor vehicle and DWI violation. The driver of the vehicle was then placed in Stokes’ vehicle.
A short time later, Stokes’ vehicle was struck in the rear by a 2009 Toyota.
The driver of the Toyota had a passenger in her vehicle. The driver, her passenger, MCpl. Stokes and the DWI suspect were all transported to the hospital by EMS.
Each patient was treated and released, according to the sheriff’s office.
MCpl. Stokes sustained a back injury in the accident and could be out two weeks, according to the sheriff’s office.
The DWI suspect was charged with DWI, speeding and failing to maintain lane of travel. The driver of the 2009 Toyota was charged with failure to move over and failure to reduce speed.
No other information was provided.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.