Woman showing ‘too much skin’ asked to leave water park
A woman was asked to leave a water park in Independence, Mo. for refusing to cover up after employees said she was showing too much skin, according to KSHB.
Madelyn Sheaffer said she was asked to leave the Adventure Oasis water park after she refused to put shorts on over her bathing suit. According to the report, park employees said her bikini showed too much skin.
Sheaffer said she just lost 100 pounds and recently started wearing a bikini.
“You know, when there’s 16 and 18-year-old girls wearing just the same amount and no one’s criticizing them or making them feel ashamed or making them feel uncomfortable in their bodies. It’s summer time, it’s a swimming pool, I’m wearing a swimming suit,” she told KSHB.
Independence city leaders told KSHB it’s up to management to determine what they is inappropriate and they don’t believe the park discriminated against Sheaffer.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants