Woman showing ‘too much skin’ asked to leave water park
A woman was asked to leave a water park in Independence, Mo. for refusing to cover up after employees said she was showing too much skin, according to KSHB.
Madelyn Sheaffer said she was asked to leave the Adventure Oasis water park after she refused to put shorts on over her bathing suit. According to the report, park employees said her bikini showed too much skin.
Sheaffer said she just lost 100 pounds and recently started wearing a bikini.
“You know, when there’s 16 and 18-year-old girls wearing just the same amount and no one’s criticizing them or making them feel ashamed or making them feel uncomfortable in their bodies. It’s summer time, it’s a swimming pool, I’m wearing a swimming suit,” she told KSHB.
Independence city leaders told KSHB it’s up to management to determine what they is inappropriate and they don’t believe the park discriminated against Sheaffer.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview