July 4th forecast: Will it be a washout?
Independence Day will bring a 50 percent chance of rain and storms.
Scattered showers will move across the Piedmont throughout the morning. After 11 a.m., we’ll see a chance of scattered thunderstorms.
Most of the rain will stay in western North Carolina because a high pressure off the coast is pushing moisture further west. A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for the western half of North Carolina.
By this evening, rain chances will decrease to around 30 percent.
On Friday, temperatures will remain in the mid 80s with a 50 percent chance of showers.
Over the weekend, temperatures will warm to the upper 80s but rain chances will decrease to 30 percent on Saturday and 40 percent on Sunday.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.