Barbie makeover gives iconic doll ‘real’ proportions
What would the world’s most famous doll look like as a “real woman?”
Nickolay Lamm, an artist from Pittsburgh, created a 3D version of the doll using “real-life” proportions. He then used Photoshop to add Barbie’s color and packaging.
Lamm took an actual Barbie doll’s measurements, researched the average body type for a young woman, and made a new doll that looks a lot more realistic. And while he says he understands that the “average” body type is a widely varied thing, the new version is a lot closer to what a woman looks like than the former.
“I created normal Barbie because I wanted to show that average is beautiful,’’ Lamm told TODAY.com. “If average-looking Barbie looks this good and if there’s even a chance of Barbie negatively influencing young girls, why not make one?”
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home