Swimmer drowns at Ocean Isle Beach
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — A 72-year-old Florida man drowned at Ocean Isle Beach on Wednesday, emergency officials confirmed to Star News Online.
According to the report, William Nicolaro of Palm Harbor, Fla., was swimming in the ocean with his son when they both got caught in a dangerous rip current.
Rescuers responded to the 100 block of East First Street around 11:30 a.m. The son was able to make it back to shore, but the father went missing.
Nicolaro was unresponsive when he was pulled from the water. He was pronounced dead upon arrival at Brunswick Novant Medical Center.
Officials said the victim was with his family on vacation.
Source: Star News Online
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old