Swimmer drowns at Ocean Isle Beach
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — A 72-year-old Florida man drowned at Ocean Isle Beach on Wednesday, emergency officials confirmed to Star News Online.
According to the report, William Nicolaro of Palm Harbor, Fla., was swimming in the ocean with his son when they both got caught in a dangerous rip current.
Rescuers responded to the 100 block of East First Street around 11:30 a.m. The son was able to make it back to shore, but the father went missing.
Nicolaro was unresponsive when he was pulled from the water. He was pronounced dead upon arrival at Brunswick Novant Medical Center.
Officials said the victim was with his family on vacation.
Source: Star News Online
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k