Helmet cam captures firefighter’s rescue, revival of kitten
FRESNO, Calif. — A California firefighter is being praised after his helmet camera captured his rescue of a kitten that was barely clinging to life.
The firefighter, Cory Kalanick, spotted the kitten on the floor of a burning home in Fresno. He picked it up, brought it outside and grabbed a mask and oxygen tank.
Kalanick poured water on the lifeless kitten, then used the entire tank of oxygen. Within 15 minutes, he managed to massage life back into the tiny feline.
The kitten, which is now fine, has been nicknamed “Lucky the Cat.”
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old