Greensboro prepares for annual Fun Fourth Festival
GREENSBORO, N.C. –Preparations for the 39th annual Fun Fourth Festival were well underway in downtown Greensboro Wednesday.
The “fun” started Wednesday evening at the Fun Fourth Block party, which was moved indoors to the Carolina Theatre after thunderstorms threatened to cancel the event.
The block party featured dollar beer from Natty Greene’s and stage with local bands.
The Fun Fourth Festival kicks off at 8 a.m. Thursday morning with the Freedom Run and Walk, along with several other events planned throughout the day including the Independence Day Parade and the Fireworks Finale at the White Oak Amphitheater.
Drivers are asked to follow the detours around the blocked areas of Elm, Davie, Friendly and Market Streets.
Find more information on the festival here.
Find a full list of Fourth of July events across the Piedmont here.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old