Flash Flood Watch in effect through tomorrow night
Along the North Carolina and Virginia line and into our mountains, the watch is in effect until 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Strong southerly flow is transporting deep tropical moisture into the Carolinas and Mid-Atlantic. Showers and thunderstorms packing heavy rain will continue to march up the Carolinas from south to north.
Temperatures will be coolest today, with highs in the upper 70s. Expect a warm-up by the end of the work week and lower chances of showers and thunderstorms.
By Friday, there will be more periods of sunshine and highs in the mid-80s.
Heading into the weekend, the heat and humidity dominate the Piedmont with highs near 90 degrees.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants