$500K in jewelry stolen in Atlantic City casino heist
NEW YORK (CNN) — Three men stole half a million dollars’ worth of jewelry from a store at an Atlantic City casino in what New Jersey police are calling a brazen smash-and-grab robbery.
Atlantic City Police are looking for the men in connection to the Monday night heist at the Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa.
The men brazenly broke into the store, stole the goods and fled in a waiting getaway car, police said.
The robbers were not carrying any weapons during the heist, said Sgt. Monica McMenamin.
The Borgata, which opened in 2003, is a 2,000-room casino-hotel, with four nightclubs, a concert venue, a theater, restaurants and 11 retail stores.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy